Monday, February 18, 2013
Throughout all the chapters we had to read this week there was the constant reminder that it is all through Jesus. "Worship is a meeting between God and human beings" (pg 88) This can only happen because Jesus made a way for us to communicate and have relationship. It is so cool to know that we are experiencing the work of Jesus in motion. We worship in excitement and anticipation for when Jesus returns. I needed to read these chapters to reevaluate my worship times and if i am really focusing on what worship is or if I am focusing on what I want it to be. Finally it was a great reminder of how important the church is as a body of believers. We do not all get every gift but it is worship when we all help each other by offering our gifts as an act of service. "Worship brings believers together and arranges them according to their functions." (pg 69)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jesus is our initiator! I love that! I love your excitement! I am learning the very same things.
ReplyDeleteHere is a cool thought, we worship in excitement and anticipation for when Jesus returns, what did Jesus worship for when He was on earth? I think it's great that you are looking at worship as the extended work of Christ!
ReplyDelete