Wednesday, August 29, 2012

God's Slave

So on my phone one of my apps gives me a verse of the day and today's was 1 Peter 2: 15-16 and it says "For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slave" wow.... pretty challenging hu?! The whole idea of not using my freedom as a cover up for evil really made me stop and think. Too many times I think I'm doing pretty good but do I really consider myself as God's slave? I am going to really have to pray into that.... I am praying this week that I would desire that identity. I would love to be God's slave more then anything but that means that I am going to be challenged and stretched in ways that I cant even imagine... let's do it!

2 comments:

  1. That is some good stuff. I always remind myself about my true identity in Christ and the fact that I should be pushing to become more like Him. He was the ultimate slave of God in a sense, because he was God. This is a random thought but if that's the case, then becoming more like Christ will result in becoming a more devoted slave of God. This would also mean that as become this slave, we are also following the example of a slave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you say that becoming more like Christ will result in becoming a more devoted slave of God because like we discussed Jesus was constantly relying on God's direction and yet he was God. "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 This verse totally sums up what we were talking about! I love how scripture reviles itself to me! so cool...

    ReplyDelete